How to Start a Business in St. Maarten
How to Start a Business
in St. Maarten
Looking to open a business in St. Maarten? BrightPath Caribbean handles every aspect of opening a new business in St. Maarten, regardless of where you’re from. We will guide you every step of the way, from drafting your company articles to submitting and obtaining all required business certificates and licenses.
St. Maarten is the perfect Caribbean island to open a new business, since it carries a duty-free status and has no foreign-exchange controls. With the help from BrightPath Caribbean, we can help you open a new business in St. Maarten in as little as 6 weeks, conditions may apply.
How to Start a Company in St. Maarten
BrightPath Caribbean makes it simple to start a business in beautiful St. Maarten. We will guide you every step of the way and help you register your new business with all the required documents and local licenses, including opening a business bank account. We know that starting a new business requires a lot of time and hard work, which is why we handle all the paperwork for you, from drafting your first company articles to submitting and obtaining all St. Maarten government business licenses.
The following individuals require a business license in St. Maarten:
- Dutch Nationals NOT born on St. Maarten, Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius.
- Foreign Nationals (Americans may qualify for our Express Service).
- A Limited Liability Company (N.V. / B.V.) or other.
To start a business in St. Maarten, the following is required:
- New Business Application Form Fully Completed & Signed.
- Original Police Check (no older than 6 months).
- 2 Proofs of Address (utility bill, cell phone bill, etc.).
- 2 Forms of Government Issued IDs.
- Color Copy of Your Passport.
- Great attitude.
A business license for limited liability companies and partnerships can be requested by sending a letter to the Executive Council of the Island of St. Maarten.
The letter must mention:
- The name of the business.
- The name of the owner.
- The nature and objectives of the business.
- The investment capital.
- The place of establishment.
The following documents must be submitted to the Department of Licenses:
- A letter (in Dutch) addressed to the Executive Council requesting a business license.
- A copy of the director’s(s) passport.
- A copy of the director’s curriculum vitae.
- A copy of your diploma(s) certificate(s) of director (s) (only needed to show certain expertise).
- A copy of your police record of director (s) with foreign nationality. (not valid after six months).
- The exact address of the business.
- Your present home or mailing address.
- Your present telephone number.
Please note, that once your new St. Maarten business license is issued, a residency permit is required for all individuals planning on living in St. Maarten for longer than their travel visa allows. This must be done by requesting a residence permit at the Department of Immigration, Border Protection Services, which we can help you set-up after the business license is approved.
Unlike other Caribbean countries, with the right professional help, it is very easy to open a new business in St. Maarten. There are no large investment requirements and the process does not take a long time, especially for American citizens.
You can also WhatsApp us at +1 (721) 526-2771 or click the Live Chat button on your bottom right!
Start a New Business in St. Maarten
In 3 Easy Steps:
Provide Required Doc's
We’ll work closely with you to ensure you have all the required documents to start a business here in St. Maarten.
Get Approved & Start!
Once all of the required business licenses are approved and issued, you can start your business in St. Maarten and apply for residency!