So You Bought a Property in St. Maarten…
Obtain Legal Residency in St. Maarten Through Real Estate
Often times, in our day-to-day interactions with colleagues in the real estate sector, as well vacation home-owners that have their primary home abroad, we run into this scenario. Many people that have purchased real estate on the island don’t even realize that this may give them the option to apply and likely qualify to obtain legal residency on the island. Having legal residency on the island is helpful if you wish to transition into a more “permanent” Caribbean lifestyle – not to mention, it’ll save you the long lines at the airport on arrival!
As the most recognized immigration services provider on the island, we at BrightPath are happy to provide you with the services required. However, it is important that you gather your paperwork to start the process. Below is a checklist with the items you’ll need to have on hand to start the process:
- A color copy of your passport, all pages included
- Original birth certificate, legalized by a Dutch Embassy or bearing an apostille stamp. Neither item can have a date of issue older than 3 years. If issued in a language other than Dutch or English, a certified translation will be required
- Original police record issued within the past 6 months. Also, if issued in a language other than Dutch or English, a certified translation will be required
- If married, widowed, and/or divorced: Original marriage/death and/or divorce certificate, legalized by a Dutch Embassy or bearing an apostille stamp. Neither item can have a date of issue older than 3 years. If issued in a language other than Dutch or English, a certified translation will be required
- Evidence by way of deed of transfer that a property has been purchased in St Maarten for an amount equal or greater to USD 255,000
As an added service, we can also assist in obtaining the required certificates and/or related legalizations depending on your country of origin.
For more information about our company and our services, visit our website at https://www.brightpathcaribbean.com, drop us a line at email@example.com , or schedule an appointment by calling +1(721) 554-8900.
Disclaimer: Our newspaper articles are not intended as (legal) advice and do not take your personal circumstances into consideration. BrightPath does not accept any liability for damages resulting from using the information provided. Before you act or fail to act because of the content of our newspaper articles, we highly recommend you seek personalized advice from us. BrightPath is a privately-owned consulting firm that assists clients with filing applications for residence permits and/or business licenses at the relevant government departments. None of our directors, employees or agents hold or have held any position with the government of Sint Maarten and our service does not provide for any preferential treatment with regard to any application. All information provided and statements made only serve to provide you with a general understanding of immigration, residence and business incorporation procedures on Sint Maarten.
Start a New Business in St. Maarten
In 3 Easy Steps:
Provide Required Doc's
We’ll work closely with you to ensure you have all the required documents to start a business here in St. Maarten.
Get Approved & Start!
Once all of the required business licenses are approved and issued, you can start your business in St. Maarten and apply for residency!