IMMIGRATING TO ST. MAARTEN WITH YOUR FAMILY?
Obtain Residency in St. Maarten for Your Family Members
What do I need to obtain legal residency in St Maarten for my immediate family members?
Keeping families united is fundamental for the collective wellbeing of any society. At BrightPath, one of the most common requests that we receive is for information regarding general requirements for reuniting families on the island. Note, when we use the term family members, the requirements listed in this article are specifically in reference to “immediate” family members – namely, spouse and children.
Whether the primary applicant is a Dutch national or simply holds legal residence on the island, the criteria in both instances is very similar and we have listed a summary of the requirements below:
- Copy of valid passport (all pages must be included and bio page must be in color) for all members of the family
- Original birth certificate (date of issue cannot exceed 3 years and must be legalized by a Dutch embassy if place of issue is outside of the territory of the Dutch Kingdom)
- Original police record (date of issue cannot exceed 6 months)
- Original marriage certificate (date of issue cannot exceed 3 years and must be legalized by a Dutch embassy if place of issue is outside of the territory of the Dutch Kingdom)
- Local school registration letter for the children
- Copy van rechtswege verklaring – applicable for Dutch nationals only
For additional requirements that would apply to persons who do not hold Dutch nationality and are legal residents of St Maarten, as well as for more on how BrightPath can assist you with immigration services to reunite your family in St Maarten, email us at email@example.com or schedule an appointment by calling +1(721) 554-8900.
Our Blogposts are not intended as (legal) advice and do not take your personal circumstances into consideration. All information provided and statements made only serve to provide you with a general understanding of immigration, residence and business incorporation procedures on Sint Maarten. BrightPath does not accept any liability for damages resulting from using the provided information. We highly recommend you to seek personalized advice from us before your act or fail to act because of the content of our Blogposts.
Why Go With Us?
Our team of experts is always ready to help you with your immigration, business incorporation and banking needs in the Caribbean.
Our team will guide you through the immigration or business start-up process so you know what’s happening every step of the way.
We have been the Caribbean’s most trusted and reliable immigration and business incorporation service provider for almost a decade.
Start a New Business in St. Maarten
In 3 Easy Steps:
Provide Required Doc's
We’ll work closely with you to ensure you have all the required documents to start a business here in St. Maarten.
Get Approved & Start!
Once all of the required business licenses are approved and issued, you can start your business in St. Maarten and apply for residency!