We are a St Maarten based Caribbean immigration and corporate services firm. So, we wanted to highlight our favorite top-ten things to do in St. Maarten – along with our favorite songs to listen to during all the fun. If you’re thinking of moving to the Caribbean island of St Maarten or visiting us this summer, check out our list of recommendations and tune in this Monday morning on Island 92 as we reveal our number one pick! Happy Sunday and get out an enjoy all the activities St Maarten has to offer!
OUR TOP TEN ACTIVITIES ON DUTCH SIDE ST MAARTEN
10. Take an early morning swim on Mullet Bay beach. Try it in your birthday suit. It’s even more fun!
Suggested song: The Beach Boys – Barbara Ann
9. Enjoy a liquid breakfast with the sounds of the ocean. One of my all-time faves is the Bloody Mary at Mary’s Boon – bacon an all.
Suggested song: Rupert Holmes – The Pina Colada Song (Escape)
8. Sunday brunch at Emilio’s followed by zip line at Rainforest Adventures. Make sure you don’t do them in this order!
Suggested song: Stevie Wonder – Master Blaster
7. Mosey on over to The Hole In The Wall and carry a tune with Bobby Jagger on a Friday “Stones” Night. Here’s hoping those Fridays come back soon!
Suggested song: The Rolling Stones – Miss You
6. Church On Monday at The Red Piano. It’s hands down one of our fave spots for live music and dancing!
Suggested song: Billy Joel – It’s Stll Rock ‘n Roll To Me
5. Treat yourself to a “Namasté Day” Amongst our fave spots for a “Namasté Day” are Joga, Top Carrot, Fit Foods, and Carita Spa.
Suggested song: Shania Twain – Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
4. From La Patrona to La Chingona – go for a taco run! Pair it with an ice cold beer (Heineken 0.0 is one of our faves) and you got yourself a “kick back and relax” kind of good time.
Suggested song: Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs – Wooly Bully
3. Here’s our next pick to round up our top 3 on the bucket list – Sponsor a tour operator and hit the waves! Whether it’s sailing, snorkeling, jet-skiing, scuba, or kiteboarding, St Maarten has sooooo much to offer in the world of water sports and water activities. Call up some friends, gather your family, or go solo – just make sure you don’t miss out on what the sun and sea of the island have waiting for you!
Suggested song: Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing
2. Spend the day in Philipsburg! Whether it’s window shopping at the jewelry and luxury brand stores – who are we kidding, it’s ACTUAL shopping that’s most fun! And to top it all off, an afternoon at the Holland House, with a full frontal of the ocean view, signature top shelf cocktails and a super luxe gourmet menu. The seafood platter is a stunner!
Suggested song: Madonna – Material Girl
1. We finally made it to the top of our list – and here’s our number one pick of favorite things to do on Dutch St Maarten and that’s to GIVE! Give a little of your time and your resources, to bring to those who need it most. Whether it’s your favorite non-profit foundation on the island, or one of our suggested organizations such as Freegan Food Foundation (www.freeganfoodfoundation.com) or St. Maarten Animal Welfare Foundation/Team Goldendog Foundation (www.teamgoldendog.org) – click on the DONATE button and feel great for paying it forward!
Suggested song: Pharrell Williams – Happy
LIKE OUR LIST? LET US KNOW WHAT’S ON YOUR TOP TEN LIST OF THINGS TO DO ON THE ISLAND!
Our Blogposts are not intended as (legal) advice and do not take your personal circumstances into consideration. All information provided and statements made only serve to provide you with a general understanding of immigration, residence and business incorporation procedures on Sint Maarten. BrightPath does not accept any liability for damages resulting from using the provided information. We highly recommend you to seek personalized advice from us before you act or fail to act because of the content of our Blogposts.