As mentioned in our previous blog, ‘What do I need to apply for a business license in St. Maarten?’, all companies must have a business license to operate on Sint Maarten. In addition to a business license, all companies will require a director’s license and depending on the type of business, you may require an operational license.
Management License (Director’s License):
All individuals born outside the Netherlands Antilles need a management license in order to start and to operate a business on St. Maarten. The Management license can be requested by letter addressed to the Executive Council of the Island of St. Maarten. A Management License is not necessary for an E.Z. (one-man business). The letter must mention:
- The name of the business
- The name, place and date of birth of the applicant
- The nationality of the applicant
- The nature and objective of the business
- The acquisition of the director’s license does not allow you work on the island; a request must be submitted to the Immigration Department for a residence permit; if granted then you are allowed to work
- For some types of businesses an additional license is required: an operational license. Such business would be for example, a restaurant, hotel/guest, casino and car rental. The request for this license is also submitted to the Executive Council.
Other Licenses and Permits
Businesses that are going to sell drinks or food and/or rent accommodation also need to request for a beverage and horeca license. Those that do not have a Dutch Nationality must also have a residence and work(employment) permit.
Registration of Businesses
After the business and Director’s license have been granted, businesses must be registered at the Chamber of Commerce. There is a fee upon inscription.
Do you need to obtain your business license? director’s license? any other license and permit or do you need to register your business in Sint Maarten? Contact us today, BrightPath can assist you with incorporating your business! We are located at Puerta del Sol Building, Unit #17 in Simpson Bay or call us at +1721 554-8900 | firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, see ‘How to start a business in St. Maarten?’
- Reach out to Brightpath Today -
Make your dreams a reality
+1 (721) 554 8900
Our Blogposts are not intended as (legal) advice and do not take your personal circumstances into consideration. All information provided and statements made only serve to provide you with a general understanding of immigration, residence and business incorporation procedures on Sint Maarten. BrightPath does not accept any liability for damages resulting from using the provided information. We highly recommend you to seek personalized advice from us before you act or fail to act because of the content of our Blogposts.