Do I Need a Visa to Visit Sint Maarten?
Have you been wondering whether you need a visa to visit the island of St. Maarten? Keep reading to find out more!
Wondering If You Need a Visa Before Traveling To St. Maarten?
With all of St. Maarten’s beautiful beaches, fantastic restaurants, and lively nightlife, it’s no surprise that many people are thinking to themselves, “Do I need a visa to visit St. Maarten?” It’s a top Caribbean destination for many reasons and BrightPath Caribbean can help make your next visit to the “Friendly Island” a breeze!
St. Maarten is a frequent destination for tourists coming from Canada, United States, Netherlands and France. While BrightPath Caribbean specializes in permanent and temporary relocations to St. Maarten, as the island’s leading immigration specialists, we would like to provide future tourists with important St. Maarten visa information.
Most visitors to St. Maarten do not require a visa to enter St. Maarten, but if you are required to obtain one, please visit your nearest Dutch Embassy or Consulate. You will be provided with an application form to apply for a visa to St. Maarten, which must be returned to the Dutch Embassy or Consulate with several important documents. The cost of a visa to enter St. Maarten is approximately EUR €35 (USD $42).
If you need a visa to enter St. Maarten, please attach the following documents to your completed application form:
- A passport, which should be valid for three months after departure from St. Maarten.
- One recent passport-size colored photo.
- Proof of booked return tickets/itinerary from travel agency.
- For tourist/family visits: legalized invitation (from friends or family with a copy of his/her passport and residence permit if non-national) and guarantee declaration.
- For hotel booking: copy of confirmed booking and sufficient funds USD $100.00 – USD $200.00 per day.
- For business: invitation letter from company you are visiting.
- If you are a student, please submit a recent and original letter from your school, college or university confirming attendance.
- Bank letter: evidence of sufficient funds to cover the cost of your intended stay (e.g., original recent bank statement, travelers’ checks).
- A valid medical insurance or travel insurance which also covers medical costs with a minimum coverage of USD $15,000.00 or EC $41,000.00.
Please note: You cannot apply for a visa for St. Maarten more than three months in advance and the whole process takes approximately 2-3 weeks.
For more information about visas, immigration, residency and business incorporation, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at +1(721) 526-2771 or visit us at Puerta del Sol Building, Unit #17 in Simpson Bay.
Disclaimer: Our articles are not intended as (legal) advice and do not take your personal circumstances into consideration. BrightPath does not accept any liability for damages resulting from using the provided information. We highly recommend you to seek personalized advice from us or before you act or fail to act because of the content of our articles. BrightPath is a privately-owned consulting firm that assists clients with filing applications for residence permits and/or business licenses at the relevant government departments. None of our directors, employees or agents hold or have held any position with the government of Sint Maarten and our service does not provide for any preferential treatment with regards to any application. All information provided and statements made only serve to provide you with a general understanding of immigration, residence and business incorporation procedures on Sint Maarten.
Why Go With Us?
Our team of experts is always ready to help you with your immigration, business incorporation and banking needs in the Caribbean.
Our team will guide you through the immigration or business start-up process so you know what’s happening every step of the way.
We have been the Caribbean’s most trusted and reliable immigration and business incorporation service provider for almost a decade.
Your Opportunity to Move to the Caribbean is 1 Click Away…
Start a New Business in St. Maarten
In 3 Easy Steps:
Provide Required Doc's
We’ll work closely with you to ensure you have all the required documents to start a business here in St. Maarten.
Get Approved & Start!
Once all of the required business licenses are approved and issued, you can start your business in St. Maarten and apply for residency!