Do I Need a Visa to Visit St. Maarten?
By BrightPath Caribbean
Nov 19, 2021
WONDERING IF YOU NEED A VISA BEFORE TRAVELING TO SXM?
With all of St. Maarten’s beautiful beaches, fantastic restaurants, and lively nightlife, it’s no surprise that many people are thinking to themselves, “Do I need a visa to visit St. Maarten?” It’s a top Caribbean destination for many reasons and BrightPath Caribbean can help make your next visit to the “Friendly Island” a breeze!
St. Maarten is a frequent destination for tourists coming from Canada, United States, Netherlands and France. While BrightPath Caribbean specializes in permanent and temporary relocations to St. Maarten, as the island’s leading immigration specialists, we would like to provide future tourists with important St. Maarten visa information.
Most visitors to St. Maarten do not require a visa to enter St. Maarten, but if you are required to obtain one, please visit your nearest Dutch Embassy or Consulate. You will be provided with an application form to apply for a visa to St. Maarten, which must be returned to the Dutch Embassy or Consulate with several important documents. The cost of a visa to enter St. Maarten is approximately EUR €35 (USD $42).
If you need a visa to enter St. Maarten, please attach the following documents to your completed application form:
- A passport, which should be valid for three months after departure from St. Maarten.
- One recent passport-size colored photo.
- Proof of booked return tickets/itinerary from travel agency.
- For tourist/family visits: legalized invitation (from friends or family with a copy of his/her passport and residence permit if non-national) and guarantee declaration.
- For hotel booking: copy of confirmed booking and sufficient funds USD $100.00 – USD $200.00 per day.
- For business: invitation letter from company you are visiting.
- If you are a student, please submit a recent and original letter from your school, college or university confirming attendance.
- Bank letter: evidence of sufficient funds to cover the cost of your intended stay (e.g., original recent bank statement, travelers’ checks).
- A valid medical insurance or travel insurance which also covers medical costs with a minimum coverage of USD $15,000.00 or EC $41,000.00.
Please note: You cannot apply for a visa for St. Maarten more than three months in advance and the whole process takes approximately 2-3 weeks.
Do you have any questions?