Do I need a Visa to visit Sint Maarten?
Follow us on Social Media
WONDERING IF YOU NEED A VISA BEFORE TRAVELING TO SXM?
With all of St. Maarten’s beautiful beaches, fantastic restaurants, and lively nightlife, it’s no surprise that many people are thinking to themselves, “Do I need a visa to visit St. Maarten?” It’s a top Caribbean destination for many reasons and BrightPath Caribbean can help make your next visit to the “Friendly Island” a breeze!
St. Maarten is a frequent destination for tourists coming from Canada, United States, Netherlands and France. While BrightPath Caribbean specializes in permanent and temporary relocations to St. Maarten, as the island’s leading immigration specialists, we would like to provide future tourists with important St. Maarten visa information.
Most visitors to St. Maarten do not require a visa to enter St. Maarten, but if you are required to obtain one, please visit your nearest Dutch Embassy or Consulate. You will be provided with an application form to apply for a visa to St. Maarten, which must be returned to the Dutch Embassy or Consulate with several important documents. The cost of a visa to enter St. Maarten is approximately EUR €35 (USD $42).
If you need a visa to enter St. Maarten, please attach the following documents to your completed application form:
- A passport, which should be valid for three months after departure from St. Maarten.
- One recent passport-size colored photo.
- Proof of booked return tickets/itinerary from travel agency.
- For tourist/family visits: legalized invitation (from friends or family with a copy of his/her passport and residence permit if non-national) and guarantee declaration.
- For hotel booking: copy of confirmed booking and sufficient funds USD $100.00 – USD $200.00 per day.
- For business: invitation letter from company you are visiting.
- If you are a student, please submit a recent and original letter from your school, college or university confirming attendance.
- Bank letter: evidence of sufficient funds to cover the cost of your intended stay (e.g., original recent bank statement, travelers’ checks).
- A valid medical insurance or travel insurance which also covers medical costs with a minimum coverage of USD $15,000.00 or EC $41,000.00.
Please note: You cannot apply for a visa for St. Maarten more than three months in advance and the whole process takes approximately 2-3 weeks.
Do you have any questions?
Disclaimer: Our articles are not intended as (legal) advice and do not take your personal circumstances into consideration. BrightPath does not accept any liability for damages resulting from using the provided information. We highly recommend you to seek personalized advice from us or before you act or fail to act because of the content of our articles. BrightPath is a privately-owned consulting firm that assists clients with filing applications for residence permits and/or business licenses at the relevant government departments. None of our directors, employees or agents hold or have held any position with the government of Sint Maarten and our service does not provide for any preferential treatment with regards to any application. All information provided and statements made only serve to provide you with a general understanding of immigration, residence and business incorporation procedures on Sint Maarten.
Share this content
This might interest you…
If you are a Human Resources Manager within an organization or a business owner alike, you can understand the importance of sourcing the right candidate for a vacant or upcoming position. At BrightPath Caribbean, we specialize in immigration and work permit services to assist you in legalizing the indicated candidate for the position if the same cannot be filled by a resident or national.
BrightPath Caribbean are experts in immigration to St. Maarten, so before you move to the island, get in touch with us to find out how we can simplify your move to St. Maarten. Immigrating to St. Maarten can be a complicated process, but if you have the necessary documents in order and can pay the associated fees, you should be able to obtain residency in a few months!
The “work permit process” in Sint Maarten has so many variables, that it can be a daunting task for anyone, at BrightPath we pay special attention to detail when it comes to work permits, we know it has to be a perfectly executed maneuver between paperwork for the Labor and the Immigration department.