Immigrating to Sint Maarten with your family?
Nov 19, 2021
OBTAIN RESIDENCY IN ST. MAARTEN FOR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS
What do I need to obtain legal residency in St Maarten for my immediate family members?
Keeping families united is fundamental for the collective wellbeing of any society. At BrightPath, one of the most common requests that we receive is for information regarding general requirements for reuniting families on the island. Note, when we use the term family members, the requirements listed in this article are specifically in reference to “immediate” family members – namely, spouse and children.
Whether the primary applicant is a Dutch national or simply holds legal residence on the island, the criteria in both instances is very similar and we have listed a summary of the requirements below:
- Copy of valid passport (all pages must be included and bio page must be in color) for all members of the family
- Original birth certificate (date of issue cannot exceed 3 years and must be legalized by a Dutch embassy if place of issue is outside of the territory of the Dutch Kingdom)
- Original police record (date of issue cannot exceed 6 months)
- Original marriage certificate (date of issue cannot exceed 3 years and must be legalized by a Dutch embassy if place of issue is outside of the territory of the Dutch Kingdom)
- Local school registration letter for the children
- Copy van rechtswege verklaring – applicable for Dutch nationals only
Do you have any questions?