Retire in St. Maarten, a Top Retirement Destination in the Caribbean!
Nov 19, 2021
RETIRE IN THE TOP CARIBBEAN DESTINATION – ST. MAARTEN!
Do you want to retire in the Caribbean, but can’t decide on an island? Keep reading to learn why St. Maarten is a top retirement destination in the Caribbean!
For many retirees, St. Maarten is the best place to retire in the Caribbean! It boasts white-sand beaches, lush green hills, a diverse population, a growing economy, friendly people and a wide variety of delicious food options! Once you visit the island, you’ll understand why St. Maarten is a top retirement destination in the Caribbean!
St. Maarten is a sunny island paradise south of Anguilla composed of two countries – St. Maarten, which is a Dutch territory and St. Martin, which is a French territory.
Facts about St. Maarten
- Size: 37 square miles
- Main languages: English and Dutch (official), French, Spanish, Chinese
- Climate: 27-28°C (81-82°F)
- Currencies: Dutch guilder, US dollar, euro.
St. Maarten is the ideal place to retire in the Caribbean! To retire in St. Maarten and obtain a pensioner’s permit, you must be over age 60 or have savings of at least USD $255,000. See below for the documents that are required to apply to retire in St. Maarten.
To apply for a pensioner’s permit to retire in St. Maarten, the following documents are required:
- Copy of valid passport (all pages must be copied, with the photo page in color)
- Original birth certificate
- Original police record
- Original marriage certificate (if married)
- School registration for any children (if applicable)
- A letter of consent or proof of custody of the children, if one of the parents of one or more children is staying in the country of origin
- Proof of sufficient income
After your first year of residence in St. Maarten, to renew your pensioner’s permit, you must make a real estate investment with a minimum value of USD $255,000.
Do you have any questions?