What documents do I need to start a business in Sint Maarten
Nov 19, 2021
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO OPEN A BUSINESS IN ST. MAARTEN
At BrightPath Caribbean, we can provide you with fully integrated and comprehensive services to facilitate you in starting your business in St Maarten.
In order to start a business in St. Maarten, a “Business License” based on the “Vestigingsregeling voor Bedrijven” Ordinance must first be issued. This can be done in the form of a sole proprietorship, a limited liability company (N.V. or B.V.) or other as regulated in the Civil Code.
The following require a business license:
- Dutch nationals not born on St. Maarten, Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius.
- Foreign nationals
- A limited liability company (N.V./B.V.) or other entity
- A locally established sole proprietorship
Trust the experts at BrightPath to guide you in establishing the necessary articles of incorporation for your limited liability company. Additionally, we (BrightPath) submit the request for a Director and Business License at the Minister of Tourism Economic Affairs, Transport & Telecommunication (TEATT) along with other documents required on the client’s behalf.
Kindly take note of the following:
- A nonrefundable processing fee must be paid by the applicant
- Once the Director’s license is approved, a residence permit is required for the foreign national who intends to live on St. Maarten. This must be done by requesting a residence permit at the Department of Immigration, Border Protection Services. Find out more about immigration services at BrightPath by contacting us.
- In addition to a business license, an Operational License may be required for some businesses. This request is submitted at the TEATT, via the Department of Economic Licenses.
Do you have any questions?