HOW TO START A NEW BUSINESS IN SINT MAARTEN?
How to Start a New Business in Sint Maarten
At BrightPath Caribbean, we can provide you with fully integrated and comprehensive services to facilitate you in starting your business in St Maarten.
In order to start a business in St. Maarten, a “Business License” based on the “Vestigingsregeling voor Bedrijven” Ordinance must first be issued. This can be done in the form of a sole proprietorship, a limited liability company (N.V. or B.V.) or other as regulated in the Civil Code.
The following require a business license:
- Dutch nationals not born on St. Maarten, Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius.
- Foreign nationals
- A limited liability company (N.V./B.V.) or other entity
- A locally established sole proprietorship
Trust the experts at BrightPath to guide you in establishing the necessary articles of incorporation for your limited liability company. Additionally, we (BrightPath) submit the request for a Director and Business License at the Minister of Tourism Economic Affairs, Transport & Telecommunication (TEATT) along with other documents required on the client’s behalf.
Kindly take note of the following:
- A nonrefundable processing fee must be paid by the applicant
- Once the Director’s license is approved, a residence permit is required for the foreign national who intends to live on St. Maarten. This must be done by requesting a residence permit at the Department of Immigration, Border Protection Services. Find out more about immigration services at BrightPath by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to a business license, an Operational License may be required for some businesses. This request is submitted at the TEATT, via the Department of Economic Licenses.
For a full list of the documents required by BrightPath to start your business incorporation procedure, or to schedule a consultation please visit our offices or email us at email@example.com
Why Go With Us?
Our team of experts is always ready to help you with your immigration, business incorporation and banking needs in the Caribbean.
Our team will guide you through the immigration or business start-up process so you know what’s happening every step of the way.
We have been the Caribbean’s most trusted and reliable immigration and business incorporation service provider for almost a decade.
Start a New Business in St. Maarten
In 3 Easy Steps:
Provide Required Doc's
We’ll work closely with you to ensure you have all the required documents to start a business here in St. Maarten.
Get Approved & Start!
Once all of the required business licenses are approved and issued, you can start your business in St. Maarten and apply for residency!